Monday, April 19, 2010

Almost 20

Dear Family,

Oh how I miss the hilarious comments of my favorite 8-year-old brother Joshua! But PLEASE, don't snap their wings off. I don't want to come home to a haunted house.

The upcoming mile-markers for me are causing a lot of strange emotions. I don't feel ready to enter into a whole new decade. I remember when I turned 10. The time has just flown by! I don't even want to think about what it'll be like when I'm 30! Also, it's crazy to think I'm about half-way done with my mission. Benson, Joshua, and Jacob still have 2 whole years to serve the Lord full-time. I only have 1. I'm kind of jealous. Oh well, "the future is as bright as your faith"!

Dear Mom,
So did you get the camera memory card too? I hope it didn't get lost in all the stuff. Also, I got a couple more ideas for birthday presents. You've probably already sent the package, but just in case you haven't, there's a couple of music CD's that are approved. Jon Schmidt's "A Day in the Sunset" and others with gospel themes. Also, "24 sacred hymns for missionaries" (piano arrangements). Also, Afterglow CD's are okay. Some I can only listen to on P-day, but my current supply is getting old :) Actually I did have one other idea: I watched a talk by Elder Holland in the MTC, entitled "The Miracle of a Mission." I think it was a MTC talk, and I'm not even sure if it's available to get, but it's amazing if you can! Thank you!!!

Dear Benson,
So you're 6 feet tall??!!! What are you eating? Miracle Grow? Whatever it is...STOP. As much as I USED to want a big brother, I don't want one anymore (besides John and Randy, you guys are okay). JK, keep up the good work :)

Dear Dad,
I hope you liking your new farm! :) It sounds like you're turning in to Bob the Builder, which is pretty cool. Good luck with everything. Remember to eat your green vegetables.

I love you all so very much! Have a super-duper week!

Love,
Elder Craft

MIRACLE Stories:

Gary and Susan Hill have been progressing wonderfully this past week. They've been reading a lot of the Book of Mormon, asking great questions, and understanding the lessons. They've actually faced some opposition from friends and such, but have kept pushing along the straight and narrow path. Last Monday when we went for the appointment we walked up and saw that they were talking to the Jehovah's Witnesses outside their apartment. We didn't want to make a scene, so we just went into a neighboring apartment building a waited (and prayed very fervently!). After a few minutes (which seemed like an hour) they came in, and we started the lesson. They told us that they didn't even want to listen to the other guys, and still wanted to learn the gospel. We were thrilled!

One night we had an appointment at 8:00, and were trying to get the rest of our 20 ITL's before the our day was up (ITL=Invite to Learn/Street Contact. We're supposed to get at least 20 a day). We were riding around and struggling to find people out. We were praying really hard that people would be placed in our path. Time was running out, and with less than 5 minutes left, we only needed 1 ITL! We desperately were riding up a hill looking for someone, and at the very last minute we found someone. It was a miracle!

No comments: