Monday, May 17, 2010

My year mark

Dear Family,

It's been a very odd feeling having come to my year mark. The previous year has gone so fast and now I'm feeling a great sense of urgency to accomplish all that I want to get done while I'm on my mission. I'm glad to hear that all of you are doing well.

I had a couple of things written down of random things to tell you about, so here you go:

My companion has recently introduced me to a certain kind of chap stick that works really well. Before it was hard to keep my lips from getting chapped, but now it's much easier. It's a little more expensive, but totally worth it if any of you are getting dry lips. It's called Burt's Bees.

I was talking to a family who owns chickens, and I told them that you guys recently got some. Their advice is to handle them a lot, so they don't get mean when they're older. Also, make sure that one doesn't start to eat the eggs or else it'll teach them all to do it. If that happens, you might have to research how to make it stop or seperate it. Also, there are lots of animals that like to eat chickens (hawks, foxes, coyotes, dogs, scouts, etc...), so be careful.

Did Mom say that the ward or stake got split? If so then I'm supposed to report any home ward or stake changes. Is it still the Lehi 2,523rd ward? :) No, just kidding--the 23rd ward?

You should look up Brian L. Pfile on facebook. I heard his picture is funny.

I thought of a good FHE game/activity. You could play that matching game where a bunch of cards are turned over and you try to find all the matches, except do it with scripture passages or key words and their references. It'd be cool if you used the scriptures that were used in the lesson, which encourages the kids to pay attention in the lesson, so they can do well in the game.

You should start a "Family Quote Book". It's something that my companion and other missionaries do, which is really cool. They just write down things that people say and it's hilarious to go back and read through them. It could be said by friends, family, yourself, leaders, random people on the street, etc... I'm trying to write down in my journal each night funny things that happened that day, but this is a simple and great way of recording humorous experiences. I highly recommend it! Especially with kids, we've got to record all those precious and funny things, so we can look back on them later. But it's even good to write down funny things us older people say, because it really is fun to go back and read them. It's a easy way to get a good laugh :)

Anyways, I love you all so very much! Thanks for all your faithfulness and support.

Love,
Elder Craft

P.S. Congratulations Benson on your race. That's an awesome time! Keep working hard, and I know you'll be really successful. Just remember who gives us all our success and give credit to where it's due. Make sure you pray before every race, and offer a prayer of gratitude at the end of each race. I love you buddy!

No comments: