Monday, November 29, 2010

A grateful Son

Dear Mom,
Thank you very much for the package!! All those things were very thoughtful of you. I hope everything is going well for you during this busy holiday season :) As for Christmas, I really don't feel like I need anything, but I know that whether I give you ideas or not, you're going to send stuff, so I guess I could offer a few suggestions. Recently Pres. Pfile changed the music policy from an approved list to just going by the Spirit. Music should invite the Spirit, be uplifting, and help us stay focused. So now we can make the decision on what's appropriate. Having said that, here's a couple of CD's that were actually approved before that I've heard a little bit and really enjoy: Reflections on Christ (2): Another Testament, CD's by "4 Ordained", David Archuletta's Christmas CD, recent EFY CD's (after Steady and Sure), etc... Or if you find something else that is really good, that works too :) I don't really get to shop around too much. It should just have some type of gospel theme and not be too crazy. I like healthy, easy, non-decaying snacks as well! (those Cliff bars are great!) And of course, I like ties :) If you find a cheap "dog-silencer," that would be sweet too! Other than that, that's all that I can think of. Of course, don't feel like you have to give me a lot. I'm better "forgetting myself and going to work," but I do appreciate all that you have done and will continue to do.

Oh by the way, transfers are tomorrow, and Elder Neff is going up to northern Springs. I will be getting Elder Bennett!!! Apparently he's a 2nd transfer missionary and is a little interesting, so I'm excited! :)

I love you so very much and wish you the best week ever!!

Dear Joshua,
Thank you so much for your tape that you made me!!! You are so good at those songs! I can't wait until I can hear you even more. Remember to always choose the right. Keeping an awesome boy. Be nice to Benson. I love you!

Dear Jacob,
Thank you for your card! I really liked it. You are very good at writing. I love you so much! Have a great day!

Dear Benson,
Do your homework. Don't get in debt. I love you!


MIRACLE Stories:
Yesterday at church we were surprised to see Kim Davis (an investigator who we had lost contact with). We've heard that she's been coming to church (and then leaving right after Sacrament Mtg), but she never returned our calls. Well, we found out that she started working nights, so she was never awake when we called. Also, her phone was messed up so she didn't get our voice messages. But apparently she's been reading the Book of Mormon and she's successfullly quit smoking for a whole month now! So we figured out a time when we can finish the lessons, because she said that she wants to make it for the next "baptismal ceremony"! We teach her tomorrow and will set a date for her baptism :)


Yesterday we also went to a "child of record" baptism, and the Spirit was so incredibly strong. People just don't know what they're missing. It gave me a stronger desire to do all that I can to share the gospel with others, so they can feel the peace and joy that I have.

Dear Dad,
I don't have a lot of time left, but I guess it would be unfair to not write my faithful pen pal dad. :) Thank you for the line of authority thing. Thank for all your hard work back home. Thank you for sharing the funny stories about Joshua. I love and look up to you so very much. I look forward to talking to all of you at Christmas. Have an awesome week!!!

Love,
Elder Craft

No comments: