Monday, July 20, 2009

"Flushed" into Missionary Work

Dear Dad,
I'm glad to hear that work is busy. Thank you for sharing your testimony and experiences. They really do help! I love you so much and feel extremely lucky to be your son.

Dear Mom,
Thanks for your email and card! I really enjoyed that. It's good to know that you guys still think of me. I pray for you often. I don't mind hearing about all of your wonderful adventures and plans. I'm just glad you guys haven't gotten boring :) It's something to look forward to, instead of a distraction, cause I'm having a ton of fun as well. I know I need to share more of my actual missionary experiences with you guys, but after my journal and writing the president, sometimes I forget to tell you as well.My new companion is awesome! I really like him a lot. He's from Virginia and actually went to BYU as well. He's very good with people and is very obedient. There's a lot that I'm learning from him!We got "flushed" into our new area (meaning it's new for both of us), so we're pretty much starting on a blank slate: no solid investigators and no idea of where to go for everything. So I don't have a whole lot to report on, but oh well, it's been a really good experience. I often think about how as a missionary I'm being forced (if I want to be successful) to do a lot of things that you've been wanting me to do: be social! Maybe you could just send me the first aid merit badge pamphlet, which is on my shelf, instead of the big book. Yeah I could use some good Spanish notes from Brittney (maybe just copies). I'm trying to set aside 15 minutes a day to study a foreign language to get in a habit of learning languages like the scriptures advise. And Spanish is very useful in this mission. I want to work on bearing my testimony in Spanish, then directing them on how to learn more.Some more ties would be much appreciated :)Could you please send me the talk: Ask in Faith, by Elder Bednar? Thanks!Also, I heard of a audio talk given by Jack Rose that sounds really good. It's called: Living after the manner of happiness. You should look it up; I heard it's really funny and inspiring.(The other day I had mashed potato tacos, which were really good. Tortilla folded over cook meat, mashed potatoes, and cheese, then fried and served like a taco)Good quote I heard: "The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war." Be grateful for all that you have and work hard!Anyways, I have lots more to tell you about, but it'll have to wait. I love you all so much! The gospel is true! Share it!

Love,Elder Craft

1 comment:

Mills said...

Angela and Belinda-
I'm really glad you guys are doing this. I check the posts every time you update, and I love reading about the talks and stuff he wants you to send- makes me want to look them up and read them myself. :)
I'm just really grateful for this, so keep it up!
:)