Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Transferred to Monument, Colorado

#1 email
Guess where I'm being transferred to tomorrow?

Monument, Colorado!!! My companion will be Elder Petters :)

I've had a great first transfer, but I'm also excited for my next one!

Thank you so much for all of your prayers. I love you all!

P.S. If the handbook says to only use email with "immediate family," should I only write Grandma and Grandpa Craft with actual letters?
If so, then I need there mailing addresses. Thanks!

#2 email

Dear Dad,
Thank you again for your email. It sounds like you're having a lot of fun, but not as much fun as me!

I really love that idea about work. One of the hard things about being a junior companion is that the senior mostly sets the pace for how hard we work. I could take the lead more, but it's a balance between not trying to be controlling or pesty and also having fun, keeping the Spirt, working in unity, and staying yoked to my companion. We've been able to have success and I've learned a lot this transfer, but I'm excited to have a new start and set the stage for a whole new level of diligence.

Your testimony always strengthens me. Thanks for everything!


(Mom got a letter too but it was more personal so I didn't post it)

#3 email

Okay I got on another library computer, so I can continue my weekly report :)

I really miss Joshua for some reason. He's such an awesome kid! Will you give him this message:

Hi Joshua, it's Spencer! I'm a missionary right now and I get to teach people about the gospel, the prophet, Jesus Christ, and the scriptures! I'm having a great time, but I miss you a lot! You're such a great boy! Remember to always be happy and nice, and be obedient to
Mom and Dad. Keep smiling big and remember to pray a lot to Heavenly Father. Thank you so much for praying for me! Keep reading, working, and playing hard! And take care of my room will ya? I love you so much Joshua! See ya!

Hey Mom, could you send me my Spanish notes as well? There's no rush, but they're up in my closet, in a grey filing bin. There should be a seperate folder for Spanish. Thank you so much!

I read a really amazing talk by Pres. Monson recently. It was for my companion who will be going home soon, but I think we could all benefit from it. It's called: Finishers Wanted. Try to pick out the quote that I want posted in my home some day :)

Hey Mom, I wanted to tell you a little bit about Sister Pfile, so you're confident that I'm being taken care of. She is so nice! She was a nurse and so she's really concerned with all of our physical well-beings, but she's also a very spiritual person. She told me the morning after my first night out here that she imagined that she would like my mother a lot. I confirmed it wholeheartedly, because I know that it's extremely hard to find anyone who wouldn't love to be your friend! Maybe you'll get to meet her some day :)

I have one humble (but sincere) request to make. After the Corolla breaks down (if Benson doesn't use it up until I get back), could you PLEASE hang onto it for me to play with when I get back? It's kind of a cool street decoration, and I think that I'd be in paradise getting to take that thing apart. (Assuming you comply) Thank you so much! :)

I love you all!



#4 email

I did have some pictures for you, but my camera just went dead, so you'll have to wait until next week :P

One thing I'm looking forward to is coming back and having good gospel discussions. I had an idea for family study: you could get the student manuals for each book of scripture, and at the end of each chapter are good questions that you could discuss as a family.
Some one recommended a book that sounded good to me. It's called The Last Lecture and it's about a professor who finds out he's dying to he offers one last lecture with all these words of wisdom. Apparently it's about following your dreams and stuff like that. Maybe you could look it up on Amazon or something like that.

I decided that because I get to go to so many dinners that I should keep track of all the good ideas. One time we had olives in the spaggetti sauce, which was really good. You should try it! Another time, we had
baked potatoes that were glazed with cooking oil and seasonings, which made the skins yummy to eat :)

Anyways, that's all for this week. In the future I'll be writing a lot more about missionary work. I am writing down my experiences and all the wonderful things I learn. There's just so much to tell you guys!

Love,
Elder Craft

No comments: