Monday, August 31, 2009

Growing in more than one way!

Dear Wonderful Family,
First things first, you better let Benson know that he's gonna have 2 years of wonderful dinners to wrestle with when I get home!My new area and companion are both great! We're living in an apartment this time, and we only have bikes. What an experience! It's really great though. I'm starting to really enjoy biking :) Our address is:

79 Bonnymede RoadApt 120
Pueblo, CO 81001

The Pueblo Zone is one of the highest baptizing areas in the mission, so I'm really excited!My companion is Elder Oakes from Burley, Idaho! He's been out for 6 months and this is his first time being senior companion. He's really doing a great job! He is such a humble Elder. I like him a lot. He is so sweet, kind, and friendly. He works hard and is very obedient. He's a little on the quieter side like me, which is good for both of us. I'm really excited for this transfer and really wouldn't mind if I got placed here for a while. Elder Oakes just moved from an area near here, but this one is new to the both of us. It's been weird moving around to 3 different zones, with 3 completely different companions, all within a few months! I'll start sending a couple of pictures each week with my emails. Here's my MIRACLE Story for the week:One of our first days out working in our new area, we miraculuously ran into Al Carter: a guy who Elder Oakes knew from his last area. He had been to a baptism with some friends in Pueblo West, and had gotten really interested in hearing the lessons. We found out that he lives near our area and got to teach him yesterday. We had a wonderful and Spirit-filled discussion on the Restoration and set a baptismal goal for the 13th of September!Mom and Dad, I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful time in Canada. I'm so glad to hear about your successful and happy times. Keep up the good work! Dad, could you send me that list of "gifts from the mission"? That'd be a great reference. Thanks!Mom, keep up the great work of raising future missionaries. Every effort and challenge is worth it!I know that this work is true! I know that this is the Lord's church. I know that having the Spirit brings happiness beyond expression! Remember that the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion. Find ways to make it come alive in your life. Also, regularly study the General Conference addresses. There is no better guide than that of our prophets in 2009! Everyone can benefit from every talk given. Just make it a priority. Studying those has become a great strength to me on a mission, and I know that it'll be just as important, if not more, after my mission. Keep the faith! And have a great week!

Love,Elder Craft

No comments: