Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Since yesterday was Labor Day, it was a good missionary working day, so today is P-day instead. Dad, I love you so much and hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday on Saturday! I actually have a birthday present for you: We'll be having a baptismal service Saturday evening! Yep that's right; and I'm way excited :)Anyways, it's so good to hear from both of you Mom and Dad. I love to hear about the awesome work that is going on back home. I'm quite surprised about Jacob's flips! I guess he'll be a whole new "little man" when I get back :)I'm sorry to hear about Randy's father. I'll definitely pray for him. I love you all so much and very much appreciate your prayers! Good luck with school Jacob, Joshua, and Benson!

Love,Elder Craft

Here's some excerpts from my letter to President Pfile:

We've been working a lot with Al Carter who is preparing to be baptized this Saturday. He's really progressing and excited! We've also been very blessed with two other families who are taking the lessons and investigating the church. One family, the Fosters, already have a date for their baptisms! Both of these families have come by an ITL ("Invite to learn" or street contact). We've been really trying hard to have diligent and quality ITL's at all times, and we're really seeing the fruits of that effort.

MIRACLE Stories:We've heard some really neat stories from investigators this past week. We talked to Robert in his front yard, and he said we could come back. We didn't necessarily think he'd be super solid, but we came back anyways and got to meet his girlfriend Jenny. She told us when we could come back and teach them both, and we later learned that she had been praying for direction from God right before we showed up! She recognized us as an answer to her prayer.

Also, we taught a man named Tyler Fuqua yesterday. He said that he used to go to a church with a friend, but then his friend had to work on Sundays and couldn't go anymore. Right after he had the need to find another church, we talked to him on the street! He also recognized it as a sign from God.

Area: It's got so much potential, and I love it!
Companion: He's is such a great example to me, and we're really getting along quite well.
Testimony: I've really felt an increase in my testimony of the scriptures. There is such power in the word of God!
Service: The best service that I think we offered was when we stopped to talk to two homeless guys last night. We gave them a bag of cookies and Elder Oakes gave them the socks right off his feet! We talked and laughed with them and tried to cheer them up and give them hope.

No comments: