Monday, September 28, 2009

I sure love the Work!

Dearest Family,
A mission is an adventure! It's crazy that this once in a lifetime opportunity goes by so quickly. We've been really busy, and I sure love the work. I get to learn and grow everyday. I don't have a whole lot of time, but I wanted to send my love and appreciation.

Dad,
it tells me three times in my Patriarchal blessing to be grateful. Thank you for being such a wonderful example of that. It reminds me of the story that I heard of a man that bore his testimony twice in a row only saying, "If you want to be happy, be grateful." May the Lord continue to bless you.

Mom,
I've been working hard to memorize "The Living Christ". I love the intellectual stimulation of memorization :) Thank you for sharing those spiritual experiences you have. They are so inspiring! I can't wait to see Joshua's progress when I get home. Yeah I did run into Sister Sumsion! It was kind of cool :) Thanks for sending the package! All your work is much appreciated. I love you all! (By the way, transfers are next week)
***Remember how important General Conference is! Prepare well to be instructed by the prophets and the Spirit!
Love, Elder Craft

MIRACLE Stories:One of our most wonderful experiences this past week was at the FHE activity we have every Wednesday night. There are a couple of families in the ward that attend and take turns opening up their home and providing dinner for all of our investigators who want to come. We just spend time getting to know each other, then we have a lesson afterwards. After a big day full of phone calls, arrangements were made for all of our investigators (except one family) to come. We had to set up a bunch of rides with members to get everyone there. Then it was so cool being able to show up (a little late) and see everyone there enjoying food and each others' company!Also, we got free dinner at Chipotle this week! We attempted to use a coupon because we're low on money, but then we each got fed completely free! It was quite miraculous :) I love being a missionary!

What miracles have you seen from effective planning?:Something that has happened more than once is when we are trying to prayerfully set our goals, and we both come up with the same number. It's not an obvious choice either, we just both have the same thing come to mind.Testimony: It's doing quite well! I especially felt the Spirit this past fast and testimony meeting when we got up to share our testimonies.

Service: We didn't get to do as much service as we'd like this week. I did make Elder Oakes some McPfiles though!

No comments: