Thursday, December 10, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Dearest Family,
I love you all so much and hope you're having a wonderful Christmas season so far! I'm so sorry to hear about Shawna's father. That is very tragic. I'll be praying for Shawna and her family.

Mom,
Oops! I forgot to get our measurements, so I'll send a letter today. I don't mean to be naggy, but in case you did send a package, I haven't gotten it yet. Hey, Elder Langston told me something that I thought was a great idea. He said growing up, every week before FHE, his mom would get out everyone's journals and have them write in it for about 20 minutes. That way even if it wasn't everyday, at least throughout his whole childhood, he has a weekly entry. FHE seems to be a great time to do that too. Anyways, I love you so much! Thanks for everything you ever have done and things that you continue to do for me. You've taught me so much. In stake conference yesterday, Elder Brimhall (of the Seventy) said "If God wants a prophet, He starts with the mother." That's so true! It reminded me of the quote by Pres. Lincoln "Everything I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my mother." I echo those same words. Thanks for everything!

Dad,
I'm glad to hear you're busy at work. Whenever I'll tell people what you do, they always guess that it's slowed down a ton. But I'm very grateful for the blessings of the Lord upon you and our family. Thanks for all that you do!This transfer has been kind of tough. Elder Langston has been sick and isn't supposed to ride a bike, so we walk everywhere. Also, it's been getting dark and cold very early, so it's hard to find effective things to do, since we're not really teaching anyone right now. Of course, I still have a lot to learn and practice, so we haven't quite seen the results we're used to. If you could pray for my companion's health, so we can work more, and for me to know what to do, that'd be great! I am really excited to talk to all of you on Christmas! Have a great week!

Love, Elder Craft

MIRACLE Stories:We saw a lot of miracles on teamups the other day. We were able to schedule an appointment while tracting, and we also got a call from a lady who wants her son to be taught. He's a member, but since we were going over there, a friend of their's who isn't a member, said she'll listen in on the lessons. Also, that night we got a headquarters referral for Danielle Brown, who supposedly has taken all the lessons, read 26 pgs of the Book of Mormon, has a testimony and wants to be baptized! We got a hold of her, but she was busy so couldn't meet us yet, but she said this week will work, so we're really excited!

No comments: