Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Transfers! but not transferred

Spencer has a new email address. Check it out on the right hand side of his blog.

Hi Family,

Yeah tomorrow is transfers, but Elder Allen and I are actually both staying here. But....we're getting a CAR!! I'm so excited!! It'll really help speed up the work. I haven't driven in a few months, so I guess I'll need to learn again :P I'll make sure to watch out for those medians though! :)

Dear Dad,
Well your story about Benson's driving didn't really make me laugh (it actually concerned me a little), until the part where Mom and Joshua both suggested a different driver :) That's totally crazy that he's driving all ready! Time sure flies! (The other day I had a kind of out-of-body experience. It totally seemed crazy that I was on my mission. After so many years of looking forward to it, it's finally here and passing quickly!) I guess we can never let days go by without making the most of them.
Thank you for your words of wisdom and encouragement. I REALLY appreciate it. I'll be praying for you and the family, especially hoping that everything goes well with the move.
Could you include in your next email the addresses for Papa Craft/Edie and Grandma/Grandpa Wilding? I seem to have misplaced them.
I love you Dad! Have an awesome week.

Dear Mom,
I love you so much and am grateful to have such an awesome mother who is "anxiously engaged in a good cause." I totally understand when you can't write.
I really liked that quote that you shared. It's a great way to live your life.
President Pfile does approve certain books, so you can send it and I'll ask him at interviews. (I'm guessing he'll say it's okay as long as I read it during free time).
By the way, send some pictures of you in the overalls and braids. I'd love to see that! Maybe Angela could take some really nice ones of you with some hay in your mouth and everything! (I love your sense of humor by the way. It made me laugh). Keep being the amazing person you are! Talk to you next week.

At the request of Angela, I'll try to start including funny stories. We get them a lot, but I need to do better at keeping track of them.

As missionaries, we do a lot of "role-playing" lessons and scenarios. One night we were "teaching" a big teddy bear (which we don't do very often, but we wanted to mix it up). At one point in the lesson I had a funny little experience, so I'll share it with you. Elder Allen is a great missionary, and a very sincere and spiritual teacher. So it is not uncommon for him to shed tears as he is speaking. While I was teaching I was mostly just going over the ideas, practicing how I would explain it, and not really getting into it. But at one point as Elder Allen was talking, I realized that he had started to cry. So I was looking at him as he was crying and pouring out his heart to this teddy bear, and I almost laughed. It was really funny! I hid my amusement pretty well, but I just thought it was a cute little moment for my new companion.

Anyways, I love you all and wish you the best!!

Love,
Elder Craft

No comments: