Monday, January 25, 2010

Howdy!

Dear Family,
I love you all and hope everything is going well! I don't know if you realized, but I hit my 8 month mark a few weeks ago, which means I am 1/3 of the way done with my mission. Isn't that crazy?!
Dear Wonderful Mother,
I love you tons! Good luck with the many busy things you are engaged in at this time. By the way, I am supposed to inform the mission office when my home ward or stake changes, just to give you a heads up. Also, the next chance you get, could you by chance send me the talk "Profile of a Prophet," by Hugh B. Brown? I hear it's really good. Thank you so much!I loved the little stories you sent me about the boys! :) That is hilarious! Or, as you would say it, "the most funniest thing." :) Those are great rules for a big brother to have. I sure have a lot of things to learn from Joshua about "winning friends and influencing people." I don't remember having much success with getting Benson to do my work for me :) Anyways, I love you dearly and very much look forward to sharing those precious moments with you in the future. Keep being awesome!
Dear Dad,
I read Elder Ballard's talk about father-son relationships this morning. Of course, it made me think of you. I was reminded of how much I truly treasure our relationship. Thank you for always being such an amazing example, teacher, and friend. I sincerely hope you are doing well. Question: Could you sometime send me our priesthood line of authority? It's no rush, but I thought it'd be neat to have. Myldsmail.net is making some change so I'll probably be getting a new email address shortly. I'm not sure exactly when, but it'll be: spencercraft@myldsmail.net (pretty easy to remember :) )I received an impression this morning that I want to use with my future family. I know we've done similar things, but here's the idea: Have a family "Scripture of the Week". Something that the parents prayerfully decide on. Each day recite it in family scripture study. Then by the end of the week, maybe have a prize for those who have memorized it. Also, on a daily basis talk about ideas and experiences you've each had applying the scripture. I love you tons! Good luck with the moving process :)

Dear Benson,
Hey man, you still alive? Sometimes I'm not quite sure :P I know you're busy, but I hereby assign you another class. It's called: "Writing Spencer 101" Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to write me a letter or email at least once a month for the rest of my mission. It's pretty much a pass/fail system--not too complicated :) If you pass, the rewards will be good. If you fail....well, you don't want to know, just make sure you pass! It officially begins in February, 2010. Also, since you're growing up to be such a big boy, I'm sure you're in that puberty stage. I'm not sure if you're struggling with acne or not, but as you probably know, I have for a while. But recently I've found a product that seems to be helping quite a bit. I've tried lots of stuff before, but nothing really worked for me, except this recent stuff. And you're skin is probably similar to mine. It's "Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub". It's blue with little microbeads. If you need it, hopefully you can find it. It feels very refreshing and doesn't cost much! Just use a little bit once a day in the shower, and you should be good. If you do have acne, STRICTLY AVOID touching or picking your face. Some zits need to be relieved, but if it hurts at all or bleeds, STOP! Maybe you don't need all this, but I thought I'd offer it just in case, so you can learn it early from someone else's experience. I love you Benson! Keep being the great young man that you are.
Love,Elder Craft

MIRACLE Stories:
Saturday was a pretty miraculous day. After not seeing much success all week, we were able to get 1 new investigator (from tracting), 3 return appointments (2 from tracting and 1 from an ITL), and 1 referral for another area (from an ITL)! We planned to tract a certain street on the outskirts of our area. When we got there, it was chained off apartment area. We felt that we should change our plans, so we went over to another near-by street (which isn't even on our map!) and were able to find a new investigator! When we plan by the Spirit, even if it doesn't turn out the way we expect, we'll be led to the elect.

No comments: