Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I want to extend

Dear Mom and Dad,

You've always been great parents, but it sounds like your "grand-ness" is growing by the day. Congratulations! You're soon going to have more grandchildren than kids of your own :) Unless Mom has any surprises for me as well (totally kidding!).

I want you to know that I love my mission! I learn a ton each and every day. Sometimes I wish that I would learn faster and not have to re-learn stuff a lot, but I guess that's part of life. We just had zone conference yesterday and the Spirit was so strong! We got the new 8 lessons to supplement PMG. We went through the first one (about the doctrine of Christ and the purpose of missionary work), which took a couple of hours. It's pretty intense study. Also, we got to watch some of the new PMG DVD's. They're really good. In 2 weeks I go to the 3-day leadership training where we'll go through all 8 lessons. Then a month or so later we'll go through the exact same thing again. Then in November, the same thing AGAIN. I'm pretty excited. Also, I thought I'd let you know that lately (and especially during zone conference) I've been seriously considering extending my mission. I know it's soon, but just to prepare you for it. I think we're only allowed to extend a month or so anyways, but I figure since this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I should do the most I possibly can. So I figured it out that the transfer around my release date is on May 18th, so I might extend until June 18, which is a Saturday. I'll spend all day Saturday and Sunday answering all of Mom's questions, then I'll beat Benson at basketball Monday morning on the 20th. So tell him to get ready, because that's his deadline! :) Actually I haven't asked President Pfile about it yet, but I will at the next interviews.

Thank you for all that you do for me. I will be eternally grateful for it! I love you much more than I could ever express.
Have a fabulous week!

Love your son,
Elder Craft


Dear Benson,

Thank you so much for your letter! Sorry about my needless rebuke last week. I got your letter like right after emailing. Oopps. I really appreciate everything that you shared. Keep it up! :)
By the way, don't get a big head over it, but you're really quite hilarious! I was laughing a lot as I read your letter, so thank you for that. I love you so much bro, and I hope you continue to live close to the Lord, being as obedient and pure as possible. See you on the court!

Love,
Spencer

No comments: