Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Passing of our Dear Papa

Dear Family,

I am very sorry to hear about the passing of our dear Papa. I wish I could be there to offer more comfort and support, but I do offer my testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel. I know that the Lord is watching over him, and he is in a better place. His spirit is now free from physical pain and affliction. He is where he can find rest, peace, and happiness, while he continues to do the Lord's work. God is using his talents and abilities to build of the kingdom on the other side of the veil. I testify with all my heart that one day, through the power of the Atonement, his body will be resurrected in a perfect, painless state, and that we will live with him again. How grateful I am for our Savior Jesus Christ! How blessed we are to have a knowledge of the fulness of the Gospel! Times like these are certainly sad, and we will miss him greatly, but my heart really goes out to those people who don't have a testimony of the Plan of Salvation. How wonderful it is to know that this life is only a brief time of mortal experience and testing, and that through obedience, we may be privileged to live with God forever in a state of never-ending happiness!! It almost seems too good to be true, but I testify again, by the divine witness of the Holy Ghost, I know that it is true! I hope and pray that Papa's legacy will live on in our hearts; that we will remember his great life, counsel, and example. May we be like Nephi and Lehi of old and when we remember our names, also remember our ancestors and their good works, then go and do likewise. I strongly believe that they are watching over us, so let us pick up our heads and live to make them proud. I love you all!

Love,
Spencer

No comments: