Monday, February 28, 2011

Returning Home May 13th

Dear Family,

I'm glad to hear that Papa's funeral went well. Thank you all for taking such good care of him. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are currently sick. It's been going around quite a bit in Alamosa also, but it's amazing how the Lord takes care of us missionaries--we've been very blessed with good health. I hope and pray that all of you will receive the same blessing. Until then, take the opportunity to come closer to the Savior. Just like physical exercise, the more spiritual resistance or adversity we experience, the stronger we can get. Trials really are blessings in disguise, if we turn to the Lord. I love you all so much and am so grateful for your righteous examples!

For me, it's been a good week. We had transfers and our zone leader council, which is always a treat. I asked President Pfile again if there was any possibility of extending, and he said that it's getting harder and harder to do that. The Church is getting strict about missionaries serving the 24 months and then going home and moving on. So now I know for sure that I won't be extending and will be flying home on May 13, sometime probably in the morning. That will be Friday the 13th, which is kind of a scary time to enter the real world, but I guess that's what the Lord wants. I get to call on Mother's day (May 8th) and then see you 5 days later. :) Anyways, it's a very weird feeling being so close to the end. Elder Barzee lovingly pointed out that I only have 10 more Sundays in the mission field! After that I'll be back with all of you! I've never been so sad and excited at the same time. I'm going to miss my mission terribly, but at the same time, I know that there are better things yet to come. I look forward to spending time with all of you, and I promise that I'll finish my mission strong!

Love,
Elder Craft

No comments: