Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Highest Priority from General Conference

Dear Family,

I received my last transfer call today, and it's exactly what I wanted--I'm finishing right here with Elder Barzee! I'm excited for zone leader council tomorrow, and my goal is to not cry. Time is going by extremely fast. I love the work!
I absolutely loved General Conference! It all went by so quickly; I was sad when it was over. I believe it was the best general conference in the history of the church--there were a lot of talks that will probably be classics. I can't tell you how grateful I am to have modern-day prophets! I look up to those men and women so very much, and I hope to effectively take to heart and apply their inspired messages. I now know what my "highest priority" will be starting May 14th! It was actually kind of funny because Elder Barzee was hoping for a talk about marriage and then his great uncle (Elder Scott) delivered exactly what he wanted to hear. I was amazed how much it was emphasized by Elder Oaks, Pres. Monson, Elder Scott, etc... So "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded!" Just kidding. I know I'm not there yet, and I don't feel ready for it either. I'm happy just continuing to be a missionary.

Dear Mom,

I think I'll probably cry as well when I see you again! It'll be a great day, but I try to not think of it too much. I love you so much and am excited to give you a huge hug! So you got my


Dear Mom,

I accidently pushed "send" before I was done with my email :) What I was trying to say was: So you got my itinerary? Did it have what time I am coming home? I haven't gotten anything yet. Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed conference. When I get home I'll give Benson "Brotherhood 909" and wup him into shape! JK. As you well know and feel, he's a great young man, but it is a crazy world to raise a teenager these days. I'm excited to come home and help out around the house. I love you so much and never can adequately express my appreciation for all that you've done for me and continue to do for our family! You are incredible!

Dear Dad,

I love you bigger than space, but my computer time is running out, so we'll have to catch up in May. Thanks for everything!

No comments: