Monday, June 7, 2010

I went to the Temple this week

Dear Family,

How's it going back in Utah? I hope all of you are doing okay. As for me, I had a great week! Since I hit my year mark, my group got to go to the temple this past week. It took about 2 days out of the week, but was totally worth it! It was a long drive down to Garden City then up through Pueblo, Springs, and then on to Denver. I got to do a couple new things at the temple. I got to perform baptisms and confirmations and witness both of them--somethings I haven't done before. Then we concluded with a session. It was a remarkable experience! We stayed at President's house Thursday night after the temple (after a nice steak dinner in the cafeteria), and we got to talk to President and Sister Pfile a lot. It was very laid back, but also very spiritual. I just loved being in their company. They're truly wonderful people. Going to the temple is one thing that I really miss being out here on a mission. But I'm doing what the Lord wants me to do. Then when I get back, I can go as much as I want. Anyways, I guess I'd just like to encourage all of you to make the most of the opportunity you have to attend the temple. There is no place on earth that compares to it!

I love you all and testify that the church is true!
Have an amazing week!

--Elder Craft

No comments: