Monday, January 10, 2011

Transferred to the coldest place in the U.S.

Dear Family,

Well, it's that time again and guess what?

I'm getting transferred once more!!!

I'm going to Antarctica! Well not quite, but I here it's one of the coldest places in the U.S. during the winter. I'm going to Alamosa, which is near the San Luis Valley. You can look up it's infamy for yourself if you want, but I just wanted to let you know how excited I am. You don't need to send more cold weather gear though, unless I tell you. I think I'll survive. It's the only zone that I've never even seen. I will now have been in 5 of the 7 zones. The other 2 (Springs and Fountain) I've traveled through quite a bit. So it's kind of exciting to go somewhere completely new. My companion will be Elder Barzee who is also from Virginia! I'm going to be junior companion, and I'm really excited to serve with him because he's an outstanding missionary. Elder Hone (from Ogden) who is in PW1st ward will now be the district leader here. Elder Butcher who was in our district is going from La Junta to La Jara (the Valley Zone as well!) and will be the district leader down there. So we've got a big 2 days ahead of us. I love packing :)

Joshua and Jacob, that dog whistle thing you gave me works pretty good! I first tried it on a member's little wiener dog. I just pushed it for a second when he was running around (not looking at me), and he immediately yelped and jumped back! Then I tried in on this stray pit bull that wasn't aggressive at all--it was just barking at us. I kept it in my pocket and pushed it. The dog looked startled at first and then it's barks got really high pitched as if it was scared. I kind of felt bad. But hey, it's kind of a useful tool to have with you.

By the way, did you find out about the BYU thing? PMG teaches us to follow up on commitments, so that's what I'm doing. But if you want me hanging around the house for a whole year after my mission, that's okay too :)

Thank you for everything! I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Craft

No comments: