Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Zone Leader in Alamosa

Dear Family,

This past week has been a crazy one! Last week on Monday I had to pack faster than I ever have in my whole life, quickly say goodbye to some people, and then rush off to transfers. I had a really neat experience going to say goodbye to Kim de Ridder (our most recent convert in Pueblo West) and her two boys: Zander (6) and Leland (4). We took a couple of pictures, and they gave me a tie as a goodbye present. After that Kim told us that Zander and Leland had been practicing all day so that they could each say a prayer for me before I left. We had tried to get them to pray a few times before, but they always picked on us or their mom instead. We didn't even make a big deal about it, but I guess it was something they wanted to do, and they surprised me with it before I left. They practiced so they could say it all by themselves, but when the time came they wanted their mom to help them. They sounded as if they have been members their whole life! It was a truly precious moment!

Anyways, after that I got to take the 2 members of my old district who were now becoming district leaders up to Colorado Springs for the new DL/ZL meeting with the AP's. It was kind of cool spending time with that night and sitting next to them in the meeting. Afterwards we went to Subway and while we were eating a girl asked us to help her jump start her car. Then we went to a missionary apartment to spend the night. The next day was transfer meeting as usual. We got to meet all the new missionaries and see them get teamed up with their trainers. Afterwards I got to go to Zone Leader Council for the first time. It was held at President's home and lasted all day. It was really relaxed and spiritual. After the official meeting of the night, we got dressed and just hung out with President as he told stories about the navy, meeting Sister Pfile, etc... It was so much fun! We spent the night, then had breakfast and a testimony meeting in the morning. Then Elder Barzee and I headed for Alamosa!

It actually has been pretty warm here in the Valley. Everyone keeps saying that it this isn't normal, but I'm not going to complain :) Anyways, it's been a busy week, and I've been learning a TON from Elder Barzee. We've already done companion exchanges, gone to Elder Butcher's district meeting (he was one of them in my last district), met with a stake president, set up the zone interviews for President, trained with the AP's, and best of all: had a baptism!!! It was Ariel Magana: a 9 yr. old girl whose mother and sister are members. The baptism was yesterday, and it went great! I was pretty lucky to come in at this time when she was pretty much all ready to go. We're also expecting another one this weekend for an investigator, Len Millard, who just needs to quit smoking.

I gotta go, but I love you all so much! Thank you everything!

Love,
Elder Craft

No comments: