Monday, June 15, 2009

A Baptism

Dear Family,

I hope you don't mind if I just write to all of you at once :)

Dad, thank you very much for your letter and testimony.  I really appreciate those inspiring words of wisdom, and I'm very glad to hear about your growth and success.  I hope your back gets better.  You just need to go easier on those young guys :P  Oh yeah, I don't know if you've received my letter, but I guess I was a week early!  Oh well, I love you and Happy Father's Day!

Mom, I really appreciate your letter and all the love and support that you have given me.  That "greenie" package was somewhat unexpected, but it made me laugh :)  Some of that will actually be really handy.  I'm actually wearing that tie right now!  Keep up the good work of keeping everyone healthy!

I've kept a list of a bunch of random things to write you about, so I apologize for this letter not being organized, but I just don't have the time :)  So here are some of the things that I've been experiencing:

Everyone in Colorado has dogs!!  Well actually, there are a couple who don't, but that's it!  So I'm really used to dogs climbing over all my nice new clothes!

Guess what?  I eat desserts!! Pretty much anyone who offers me a treat and expects me to eat it in front of them, I will.  The very first thing I had was a root beer float, which was really good, but made me sick to my stomach!  Oh well, now I'm used to it :)  But I still don't eat any on my own, which actually takes more discipline!

Oh yeah, by the way I baptized someone on Saturday :)

His name is John Souther.  He's probably in his sixties, and his wife is a member.  My companion taught him all the lessons before I got there, so we just set up the baptismal service for him.  Right before it happened, he decided to let me do it because I haven't done one yet.  So that was a pretty neat experience.  He was a line man for the Raiders back in the seventies; he was a police lietenant; and now he's a private investigator and driving teacher.  He's a really funny guy, and I'm so excited for him! (My companion helped me lift him out of the water because he's kind of big).  Then we stood in the circle to confirm him yesterday. Right after the baptismal service on Saturday, we tracted and found a young lady, taught her the first lesson, and set a date for the 27th!  Needless to say, it was a great day!

We have a baptism this Saturday for a guy I helped teach all but 2 of the lessons to.  It's exciting, but I've just been blessed with the wonderful condition of the area and a great companion.  

I gotta go, but my thought for this week is: 

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT.

Don't just survive it, endure it, or even like it.  You've gotta learn to take every little thing in life and LOVE it! Always strive to find the joy in the moment, and as you do this with a grateful heart, you'll be blessed with an added measure of the Spirit to uplift, guide, teach, and strengthen you.

I love you all!

Sincerely,

Elder Craft

1 comment:

Angela said...

Wow that's so cool!!! And funny about the treats and dogs! I thought it might have been hard for Spencer to resist members giving him sweets. Maybe we'll have to send him some of John's caramels now to tempt him ;) JK! Sounds like everything's going great for Spencer! He's such an awesome missionary! I'm glad that he's having more experiences so he has more to write about!