Thursday, June 4, 2009

Greenie Package

I sent Spencer a "greenie" package today with all kinds of green things in it. This is his first week in the mission field. I thought a fun package full of green things would be fun. This is the poem I wrote to go with it. Kind of cheesy but Spencer will appreciate my style.

This is for our greenie son
Who is serving a mission and having fun

There is so much work in the kingdom to do
Obediently striving and always true

A mission sometimes is very hard
But you won’t ever catch your trainer off guard

Being green is not so bad
The color will fade and you will be glad

You will have learned all the ropes of serving a mission
All the good and the great and the opposition

After working hard at the end of the day
Take a little time and obediently play

You can give away the contents of this box
To some child you are teaching and they will think you rock!

We love you Elder Craft
We hope we made you laugh

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is sooo awesome!!!! You are so creative Mom! I'm sure Spencer will love it! I'm glad we remembered to take a picture before you sent it. Sooo worth it!!!!